Lectures on language and linguistic method in the school
Cambridge : University Press, 1890
Rahuldavas korras kõvakaaneline raamat.
Täispealkiri: Lectures on language and linguistic method in the school : delivered in the University of Cambridge, Easter term, 1889
- Language the supreme instrument in education
- Language as substance of thought. Distinction between discipline and training. Method.
- Method as applied to languages. Substance.
- Language as a formal discipline. Grammar.
- Grammar of the vernacular tongue. Purpose.
- Language as literature.
- Method of teaching foreign tongues. Latin as type.
- Method of teaching Latin.
Laurie, Simon Somerville